HOW IT WORKS
The information exchange between the Operational Technology (OT) side and the Information Technology (IT) side is made with messages defined in a spreadsheet template (Excel).
Up to 65535 different message types, with each message a max size of 251 bytes, may be defined. Each message type is identified with a unique ID number.
The messages are sent in sequence over the same IO-data, which provides a very large total of data communication.
These message types are defined in a spreadsheet template (Microsoft Excel).
The template is included in the configuration software together with the function blocks and product definition files (GSD, GSDML, EDS, ESI).
Using the spreadsheet, the Anybus .NET Bridge Code Generator creates C# files for the .NET programmer and PLC files for the PLC programmer.
The configuration software also includes two simulators — a PLC simulator for the .NET programmer and a .NET simulator for the PLC programmer.
A function block (provided by HMS) manages the handshake on the PLC side and provides an easy-to-use interface for the PLC programmer.
For applications where minimum delay and maximum performance is required, the .NET Bridge can be used in streamer mode where data streams are exchanged directly without any handshake (PROFIBUS, PROFINET and EtherNet/IP). In this mode, data need to be mapped manually in the PLC and in the .NET application.
Anybus PROFIBUS to .NET Bridge
- Creates a bridge between the logic in a PLC and a .NET solution in a PC
- Two-way communication
- Easy to configure and set-up
- Message size up to 251 bytes
- Possible to send messages in sequence up to transfer large amounts of data (up to 251 bytes x 65 535)
- PLC simulator to make it easy for the .NET programmer during development and commissioning
- .NET simulator available to make it easy for the PLC programmer during development and commissioning
- DIN-rail or wall mount options
- Streamer mode for high performance applications for PROFIBUS, PROFINET and EtherNet/IP
- Allocates up to 244 bytes of I/O data
- Baudrate 12Mbit/s
- PROFIBUS uplink configuration via .GSD file
- Provided functional blocks for TIA Portal
- Connectivity via 1x female D-Sub9 connector