Network enable your serial RS-232/422/485 based industrial devices and equipment to Modbus Plus without the need for any changes to the device. Just connect, configure and you're done!
The Anybus® Communicator™ is a proven and trusted protocol converter gateway that connects non-networked industrial devices and equipment to Modbus Plus. The gateway performs an intelligent protocol conversion and presents the serial data to the Master PLC/Controller as easily processed I/O data.
The Communicator is slim stand-alone gateway designed for IP20 and DIN-rail mounting, requiring a 24-volt power supply. The Communicator is conformance tested to current FIPIO specifications guaranteeing network compatibility.
CONVERT ALMOST ANY TYPE OF SERIAL PROTOCOL
The Communicator is capable of converting almost any type of serial protocol such as Modbus RTU,ASCII, DF1 or any other types of proprietary Request/Response or Produce/Consume protocol.
Anybus Communicator - Modbus Plus
- Convert almost any RS-232/422/485 Request/Response or Produce/Consume protocol in just a few minutes — For example Modbus RTU, ASCII, DF1.
- Pre-defined for Modbus RTU. Avoid the hassle of scripting and serial Modbus frame building with the 6-step Modbus RTU wizard.
- No hardware or software changes are required for the connected automation device
- Compatible with PLCs from leading manufacturers such as Siemens, Rockwell, Schneider Electric etc
- Complete protocol conversion performed by the Communicator, no PLC function blocks required
- Handy Save/Load function means a completed configuration can be re-used for many other installations
- Included “Anybus Configuration Manager” with flexible serial frame building capabilities
- Versions with Dual Port switched Ethernet allows for daisy chaining and eliminates the need for external switches
- Global free technical support and consultancy